Trying to be a good blogger...

Okay, so this is going to be a short post. A) because I'm going to sit myself down and write... okay, that is my one and only reason.

I just read Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk and man, was it good! Good, I tell you! I'd do a review or something, but I can't even write decent synopses for my own books. ;-) Just started it this morning and finished it this evening. Couldn't stop reading it. I kept telling myself I'd stop after the next chapter to write some stuff of my own. Lo and behold, I got to the end of the book. And in a fit of book-reading insanity I reached for the next book (Magic in the Blood). I got two pages in and then cursed at myself. Where is my discipline?! Oh wait, I have none. Haha. Whoops.

So anyway, this is an attempt to make me focus on my own writing. I tried to last night when I got back from dinner and errands with my parents, but apparently work and The Week From Hell (TM) caught up with me. I fell asleep plotting. Of course, the fact that I was laying in bed probably didn't help matters. But anyway, I tried. And I think I was getting somewhere. But after I woke up it was all I could do to get ready for bed and then fall back to sleep. So this is me attempting to write some of my own. Oh, and on the plus side I got a nice new notebook to do my plotting in!! Woot! And it's a size I can slip in my backpack! Even more woot! Okay, off I go. Enough delaying...

0 comments: