Music

Dated Aug 15th on the MS blog...

So... finally done with my first year of pharmacy school. I say finally, but then again it went by incredibly fast. I've met SO many amazing people and I am so thankful for everyone at Midwestern (excluding certain professors of course). I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who are going into the same profession I've been drawn to for so long.

I'm going to spend the next two weeks getting ready for my first rotation in September and then I leave for a week and a half in Boston with the most amazing cousin ever. I have a couple days to decompress and pack everything and then I'll drive up to Show Low for my rotation. I'll be there for a month enjoying the cooler weather and the best thing? I don't have to pay for the housing. Woot. Then my second rotation in October. And then I've gotta go to San Francisco for the Midyear Regional Meeting for APhA-ASP. It's only for three days and then I start winter quarter the day after I get back. Eesh. So I've got two weeks, but I feel like I have to get so much stuff straightened out so the next few months will go by smoothly. But anyway, I can tell the rest of my time at Midwestern is going to go by so quickly. It's hard to comprehend that it's already been a full year...

And that's about it for the update on my life. Other things I want to ramble about? Music and books, of course. :-) Now as for music, I'm rather weird, though I suppose other people could have the same quirk I do (Jenna included)... when I'm listening to songs I often pick out one teeny part that just sounds amazing and gives me shivers almost every time I hear it. I thought I'd share some of those with you. Feel free not to read and/or listen to the mentioned parts. This is just something I'd like to write down so I can have it all in one place. It'll be updated as I remember new songs. :)

- The Academy Is...-Almost Here: 1:21-1:25 because it switches up parts of the chorus.
- Cold - Check Please (the whole song :-D)
- Disturbed - Deceiver: 2:22-2:53 (the guitar and that whispering is just amazing)
- Disturbed - The Night: 4:01-4:18 esp 4:11 and 4:14 when he takes that last note down... (plus the whole song is pretty amazing)
- Disturbed - Criminal: 3:58-end of song (because he adds the extra lines to the regular chorus)
- Disturbed - Facade: 0:45... when he says "him"... I really don't know why but I love it when he says that word... and 3:00-3:28 esp. 3:21-3:28 (the harmony when he says "look in your eyes")
- Goodbyetomorrow - Time Restrains: 3:33-3:45 in the background "the world won't stop"
- Incubus - I Miss You: 2:08-2:12 when he says "care" it gives me goosebumps without fail
- Deftones - Passenger: (the choruses)
- Jimmy Eat World - If You Don't Don't: 2:12 when he repeats the word "did". I dunno why I like it so much, just because it's different from the rest of the song I guess...
- Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American: 1:39-1:41 when he says "(our) our hearts yeah..." again, because it's different from the other times he says that part
- Jimmy Eat World - The Authority Song: 2:43-2:48 because it adds to the normal bridge... plus it's just a kick ass song that never fails to make me dance.
- Jimmy Eat World - Let It Happen: during the chorus when the girl in the background does the harmony... awesome
- Jimmy Eat World - Get It Faster: well, I've cut my version to get rid of all the extra silence in the beginning, but it's right after the second chorus repeats... the most amazing guitar riff I've heard in a while... especially when the rest of the instruments come in... yum
- Jimmy Eat World - Table for Glasses: 3:16-3:49 the background part (not asking of me anything...)
- Jimmy Eat World - Disintegration: the whole freaking song. it's the most amazing song in the world. period.
- Mayday Parade - Miserable at Best: the whole song, but in particular 3:33-4:00 because he has an amazingly soulful voice
- The Wallflowers - One Headlight: 3:52-3:57 again, because it's different from the other times he says it.

And songs that just make me relax, starting with the opening chords/notes:
- Acceptance - So Contagious
- Ace Enders - I Told You So
- Anna Nalick - Wreck of the Day and Catalyst
- Colbie Caillat - Battle
- Snow Patrol - You Could Be Happy
- Incubus - Pardon Me (Acoustic)
- Foo Fighters - Everlong (acoustic)
- Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane (Acoustic)
- Most any Copeland song
- Evanescence - Anywhere
- The Fray - Heaven Forbid
- Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah
- Joseph Arthur - Honey and the Moon
- Jump Little Children - Cathedrals
- Matt Weddle's (of Obadiah Parker) acoustic version of Hey Ya

And there's so much more I could put, but I'll settle for this at the moment.

And books! I re-read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer in preparation for Breaking Dawn, which I finished yesterday. I definitely recommend the series, though I'm not generally a YA fan. And her other book, The Host, is absolutely fantastic. I had one of those "oh geez" moments when I actually looked at my bookcase and realized that I'd read all those books in there at LEAST once, most several times. No wonder my eyesight is quickly getting worse, although I'd rather blame that on school. ;-)

0 comments: