Not another SNI?!

So remember that little gem of an idea that the muse forced me to write a month or so back? Yeah. It's back. With a vengeance. The muse is holding me hostage again regardless of how much I want to focus on my dear Angie and all the dilemmas I plan to throw at her. But dammit, this new one is so interesting. Did you hear that whine? Yeah. I did too. I'm in a whiny mood.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad for the ideas and I really do like it. A lot. I've wanted to write about an assassin for a while now (just ask Cari). And the supernatural part to it is really cool. Since I wasn't sure if there would be a supernatural part to it when I wrote that initial 800 word scene, I got all giddy when I figured out what it was. And IMO it's cool. To my knowledge I haven't read of an MC with quite this set of skills. I still need to settle on a name, though.

Ya know what? Even though not many people read this, why don't we have a vote? :) Leave a comment letting me know which name you think flows best...

- Samantha (Sam) Cooper
- Samantha (Sam) Larson
- Valeri (Val) Sanderson


... okay I totally can't think of the last name "Cooper" without thinking of David Tennant and Catherine Tate's sketch. The way David Tennant says it is just so... *sigh* Scottish. How I love him. ;-) Okay enough of my Doctor Who fangirl-ness

I'm leaning toward Sam but dunno which surname sounds better. Or if you have a better one, I'm open to suggestions. :) I may not be able to go with Cooper simply because I will always hear David Tennant say it and then I'll get all giddy. If you have no clue to what I am referring to, check this out. If you get British humor and/or have ever watched Doctor Who/The Catherine Tate Show you should find it entertaining. And yes, I have watched it so many times I can quote the entire thing.



And with that, I'm afraid I've gotta run. Benadryl hitting and all that jazz. Why do I always blog when I'm getting too tired to think coherently?

3 comments:

Dr H said...

'Do you fancy Billie Piper, sir?'

HOLY CRAP!! Still makes me laugh!

Cari Quinn said...

My vote's Sam Cooper, though I like all 3. Glad to hear your muse is talking, even if you hadn't intended on giving this particular character more time just yet. I say run with it. That muse goddess is fickle, and if you ignore her, sometimes she runs away. ;) I loved the start to your assassin story and think you have lots to work with there!

Oh, and I also loved your pics from your concert. Looks like you had an amazing time! :)

I'll be in contact soon, I promise...I'm kinda on an internet vacation at the moment, for sanity's sake. ;)

Ashley N said...

Yeah... now I'm just working on a compelling plot. The premise of it hasn't found me just yet, but it's in my brain somewhere, stewing. And yes, like you suggested Cari, I'm running with everything the muse gives me. I don't want her to get frustrated with me. ;-)